Waking up excited to plant. With anticipation knowing it was the first day of the year our seeds would meet soil and start their life journey. Planting this year, 2017, for us started on February 26th, the new moon was in fruitful pisces. We started by soaked our seeds in water for eight hours to soften the seed shell, not completely cracking it. Then later that evening we planted in 4″ pots for space efficiency. Setting the seeds in place and poking them finger nail deep into the soil then pinching the hole shut. We started 12 heirloom strains and 3 recently acquired from the emerald cup; Jesse’s Girl, Jess’s Girl x Star Burst, Jess’s Girl x Star Dog, Super Lemon, Super lemon x Star Killer, CBD OG, Alchemy, Blueberry, Mary and Barry, BluePower x Boss Og, Super Lemon x SFV OG, Harlequin x Harlequin Tsunami. Also starting various vegetables like zucchini, summer squash, elephant garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, brandywine tomatoes, broccoli, lettuce, and carrots.
The first 2 sprouts (Jesse’s Girl) popped up 7 days later on March 3rd. We stared to see tomato, carrot, lettuce, summer squash and onion popping up on March 4th while a serous snow storm started to put a heavy load on our greenhouse. We were up multiple times through out the night rotating who would go out to get the snow off roof to prevent collapse. It is clear before the next snowstorm we will need to build reinforcements to ensure the stability of our greenhouse
March 15th we added to our greenhouse garden family. Some new exciting seeds we put directly into soil this time; JG X Harlequin , Royal Kush x JG, Madusa OG x Medusa LABS, and some clones; Barry White, Garrila Glue, SFV, along with some seed starts we had a friend begin indoors for early cutting; including Skittles and ZuZu we bought at the Emerald Cup. Today March 22nd we noticed at least one of the Skittles is female which is exciting for making future seeds and clones. I bet Jesses’s girl X Skittles would be dank!
Our roots are looking healthy and happy
Thanks to our yummy tea recipe. Our babies are thriving! This picture is our tea in action. Comprised of a simple mix of Humis soil, earthworm castings and compost of equal parts about a shovelful of each scooped into the tea bag with the addition of bountea’s bio-activator with 2 cups of molasses. It becomes alive in our 50 gallon drum and is actively aerate for 24 hours. We try to keep the temperature around 65-70. To regulate the temperature we use a 5 gallon bucket and take hot water from the spring feed bath tub. In then future an aquarium heater will be added to lesson the need for continued effort and monitoring.
March 24 everything has popped now it is a time to arrange where we will transplant into larger pots with adequate space for them to grow while keeping in mind the amount of space we have in our green house.
Happy transplants today, April 7. We watered them in with Thrive Alive, an organically derived supplement to help reduce the stress of transplanting. The future is bright for our little ladies! We are blessed to be able to continue to watch their growth and keep you posted! HAPPY SPRING!!!